September 23 - November 18, 2020.
The competition is open to young conductors born after June 12, 1986.
A non-refundable application fee of € 50, must be paid together with the application.
Application is made online on this website, and you should include the following content:
- A digital video recording with the candidate conducting an orchestra.
The video should fulfill the following requirements:
- Candidates should be visible from an orchestral musician's point of view.
- The sound must be of sufficient quality for the jury to evaluate the applicant´s performance. Videos with very low sound quality will be discarded.
- The video of max 10 min. must not exceed a size of 4 GB if uploaded in the online application system. A link to YouTube or Vimeo can be uploaded in the application system as well and is not limited to 10 min.
- Birth certificate, copy of passport or equivalent proof of age
- High res photo
- Biography of no less than 200 and no more than 400 words
All applications will be reviewed by the pre jury and treated as confidential. The Malko Competition reserves the right to request additional information from or about an applicant. The result of the preliminary round will be official on March 3, 2021 and all applicants will be notified by e-mail.
All competition rounds will be:
- Recorded, broadcast and streamed
- Published on Social Media and different relevant websites
Applicants disclaim all rights and fees.