September 23 - November 18, 2020.
The application must be submitted through the online form.
The competition is open to young conductors born after June 12, 1986.
A non-refundable application fee of € 50 (DKK 375), must be paid with credit card together with the submission.
Application is made online through this website, and should include the following content:
- Up to three digital video recordings with the candidate conducting an orchestra.
The videos should fulfill the following requirements:
- Candidates should be visible from an orchestral musician's point of view.
- The sound must be of sufficient quality for the pre-jury to evaluate the applicant´s performance. Videos with very low sound quality will be discarded.
- The videos must be viewable online (preferably via Vimeo or YouTube) via links.
- Scan of passport or ID card or equivalent proof of age
- High res photo
- Biography of min. 600 and max.1000 characters
All applications will be reviewed by the pre-jury and treated as confidential. The Malko Competition reserves the right to request additional information from or about an applicant. In the online preliminary round the pre-jury will choose 24 young conductors to participate in the Malko Competition 2021. Hotel accommodation will be covered for the 24 candidates. The result of the preliminary round will be official on March 3, 2021 and all applicants will be notified by e-mail beforehand.
All competition rounds will be:
- Recorded, broadcast and streamed
- Published on Social Media and different relevant websites
Applicants disclaim all rights and fees.